Bob's SufferFest
Yesterday I rode with the Bingham's Team on the 1st (annual?) Bob's SufferFest.
As so often happens, I was up late Friday night trying to cobble a bike together. The Anthem and the Superfly both have broken spokes, and I don't really like riding on a weak wheel. I ended up getting the Spider 29er ready, which bike has seen very little action for quite a while, but I can carry three bottles on it, which is really nice for long rides. Brake pads, a new rear wheel, 2 Stans'd tires, pedals, and bottle cages brought it back to life, and actually I really enjoyed riding it. I did notice I was the only one on the ride still on a 3x9 drive-train...
The route was a nice single-track extravaganza running from Kimball Junction in Park City through Glenwild, Flying Dog, Jeremy Ranch, and then following the Mormon Pioneer Trail over to Emigration Canyon. After entering SLC, we jumped on the Shoreline trail and traversed over to Bobsled with a surprise climb thrown in on the way. Next, we were going to ride up to the Radio Towers, but it was getting late, so we called it a day. Slyfox gave us a shuttle ride back to Park City to pick up our vehicles (looking forward to self-driving cars that can meet us at the finish!).
I got there about 30 mins late, so I rode the first 1.5 hours alone, but then caught up to everyone and rode with them from there. I have been out of the scene long enough that I only knew a few people, so it was fun to meet some new people and ride a bunch of new-to-me trails.
![]() |
![]() |
| I didn't take any photos, so I borrowed this one from Facebook. |
SufferFondo Route |



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home