2016-06-05

Less Sick. MidweekMTB in Eagle Mountain

Ian and I went to the MidweekMTB Twilight race in Eagle Mountain Friday night. The "twilight" means the race was in the dark with lights.

The valley the race was held in was really beautiful - a big, grassy, peaceful bowl. The race itself was pretty small and after a first lap battle with a young guy, I led the rest of the race till the finish. My lungs were burning at bit because I'm still not really over my cold, but it worked out.

I'm not sure the course would be super fun in the daytime, but racing it at night was great.

Ian didn't get to race because he is too young for the night race, but he rode about half the lap before it got too dark.

Saturday evening Ian and I did a follow-up with a nice ride in Corner Canyon after Kim, I, and the four older kids went to Big River at the Hale theater. It was a nice evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home