Sunstroke
Yesterday was the Sundance race. 17 pros, which isn't a bad turnout, and the race deserved it as trail and weather conditions were both perfect.
For me and my team, several people were missing. My family missed because Scott has the flu. Reed and Bz both missed recovering from Wednesday. Bp is exiled back to Canada for another month, thanks to an immigrations typo.
Turned out my speed was missing too, and I didn't fare very well. No excuses really, just didn't feel well and couldn't keep up. I rode the 3.5 laps. First lap everyone was bunched up behind a bikeman guy who must have started too fast because he was going really slow, but he didn't really finish all that far behind me. We all got past him and things spread out. The third lap I caught up to Brandon Firth, and he accelerated when I caught him. We had fun racing together for about 10 minutes, but he got tired of it, let me by, and dropped off.
A nice ride, a bust as far as racing goes.
It did allow me to get home pretty early and I mowed the lawn, worked several hours, played chess with Heidi, and spent time with Scott as he convalesced. It was the first day this year that has really felt like summer, which is funny because I rode the Suzuki up to Alta early this morning and there is so much snow up there I'm thinking about a ski trip sometime this week if I can find the time.
Labels: Race Report

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home