Memorial Day: Rain, Rain, Go Away.
Had a nice ride Friday on a demo Titus Carbon Racer-X in Corner Canyon with Bp. Being more of a racer type, I'd build the bike differently (bars, tires, wheels, etc.), but I loved the stiff chassis and it would build up pretty light with racing components on it.
Saturday was a little colder in the AM when I rode, but I wasn't going long anyway because I was tired from Friday. PM Kim went riding and the kids did a little racing

(looks like Tanner is getting to the start a little late).
So today was the big day in Corner Canyon. I prepared yesterday by drinking lots of water, eating plenty of carbs, and loading up the car. I skipped the pre-day warmup ride with with intentions of doing a longish 45 minutes warm-up before the race. In the morning my fingers were a little swollen and legs felt "packed", which I think is a sign of good hydration and primed to go ... but it was raining.
Scott and Ian were going to race no matter the weather, but they wisely spared the trails and cancelled (or at least postponed till Wednesday) the race. Expensive decision for Ed, but maybe Wednesday will work out. People here have put a lot of work into and are pretty sensitive about beating up the trails, so I commend his decision, but it had to be tough. Personally, I felt a bit let down not to race, but didn't really want to do 2.5-3 hours in the 42 degree rain anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home