Waiting for Old Man Winter
OK, it has been so long since I've posted that no one is reading anymore.
I haven't been racing CX or any such thing, but I have been riding some (more every week). It has been a great fall for riding, and I've tried a few new things.
Single Speed: First of all, I recently bought a KHS Solo 1 SE. So far my rides on this bike have alternated between "Hey, this is fun" and "Why am I riding on this?" About half of my time on this bike has been in the dark, and my lights are pretty so-so because I don't have a working headlamp. I rode the Shoreline highway from Dry Creek to City Creek and back during rush hour earlier this week. BANG! Pinch flat and my bottle came out. Ah yes, rigid fork and tubes. This is why I used to run super-thick latex DH tubes back in the no-suspension 1980's and early 90's. Actually, this bike is more like my BMX bikes than any bike I've owned since I was 12 -- except for the 29 inch tires and disk brakes (I put Avid cable-disks on it). Definitely makes for a good strength workout, but not so good on recovery rides.
Cannondale Caffeine 29er: OK, so this bike is pretty light. The frame itself is 3.5 lbs with the headset bearings in there. The Niner was 3.24 without the headset, which added 125 grams. The fork on the niner was 3.6 lbs. The stem was about 135g, so adding it all up the frame, headset, stem, and fork came to 7.4 lbs.
The stem, fork and front axle are all one piece on the Cannondale, and they came to 3.4 lbs. so the total weight is 6.9 lbs, including the front axle. Until I get an I-9 wheel I wont know what the total there really is.
Anyway, I haven't ridden this bike yet because I just put it together yesterday.
Sometime I'll talk about my Paleo-Diet experiment too.

1 Comments:
I'm still reading. Why don't you put Stan's in the single-speed?
You also need to finish up your discussions on what it is American's are lacking in the workplace and what to do with all the plastic bags in the landfills.
Post a Comment
<< Home