2007-09-11

Joe's Paleo Diet Experiment

I've run through Joe Friel's "Paleo Diet for Athletes" recently. Last spring we met Lynda Wallenfels and she mentioned she's following the program.

I've decided to give it a shot. Right now is a good time since I'm not concerned much about performance. When I have more time, maybe I'll talk more about it.

For now, I'm a few days into it. I feel slow on the bike and my stomach isn't very happy when I'm riding. I've been hungry a lot. It is hard to find enough vegetables and fruit to eat...or maybe I'm not eating enough meat.

Anyway, I plan to give it a month (September) and I'll try to write about it as I go.

4 Comments:

Blogger StupidBike said...

it kind of sounds like the south beach diet, no bread, pasta or rice.

You tryin to loose weight?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:52:00 AM  
Blogger Tri-Mom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 6:52:00 PM  
Blogger MtbAllDay said...

Joe promises faster recovery and fewer respiratory illnesses. That's what I'm after.

If I lost weight without loosing power, I'd be happy about that, but every time I've lost weight in the past, power has gone down and I've gotten slower on the climbs. The real pros are lighter and more powerful than me, so I guess its possible...

Saturday, September 15, 2007 7:27:00 PM  
Blogger Crista said...

I wish I could give my body what my head decides it needs, but I just don't have the will power to give up chocolate and sweets. I'm not obese, but I'd love to lose (not LOOSE!) 10 pounds. My clothes would fit so much better, my health would be better, and I'd feel so good about myself. I admire your level of self control. However, you really mustn't lose any weight; you don't have an ounce of fat on you anywhere as it is! (and that goes for Kim too.)

Sunday, September 16, 2007 8:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home