2009-01-25

Camp Lynda

I went down to St. George for "Camp Lynda" -- intended to be 3 days of epic riding and a break from the cold and inversion in Salt Lake. It didn't really work out that way.

It was raining all day Friday. I rode for about 3 hours and my bike broke because I had failed to check that my pivots were all tight on my bike. I took a shortcut to I-15 and rode back on the road. Not a disaster, but a disappointment because it was a good time riding in the dirt till then.

I then drove up to Zion's and back to get the part to fix my bike. Returned back to St. George just in time for dinner. I sat with Bart, his wife, Dave Harris, and Lynda, amongst others, and we had a nice meal at Bajio.

Saturday was supposed to be the second day, but I bailed because it was still raining and I had work to get done at home if the riding was not going to be great.

I snagged this photo from Dave and Lynda's blog (hopefully they don't mind) since I forgot to take any of my own:

Pretty Rainy (yes, sorry, bad pun intended)

It was too bad about the rain, but I think everyone had a great time (especially those who stayed!). I really appreciate them organizing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home