California Cup
Meet the new "national" series - the Kenda National Cup: http://www.mtb-uscup.com/
I respect what they are trying to do and am excited to see a change. NMBS honestly tried, but it hasn't worked out.
I think we have to be honest and admit this isn't really a national cup. This is a state cup and an east-coast cup with a self-proclaimed national championship at the end (not that anyone else is vying to put on the National Championship race). Colorado? Utah? New Mexico? Texas?
Hopefully this year will lead to good things in the future. Pro mountain bike racing needs to be rebuilt or abandoned. Amateur racing is doing pretty well.
I've read the US Cup guys have some new ideas to try. We should try them and then keep the good ones, dump the bad ones, and keep iterating. Maybe they'll find a magic combination.

1 Comments:
I tried to comment yesterday, no Nova due to permit issues, Angel Fire was supposed to be in, DV bowed out. At least they are trying. It will evolve. We need to go race in Calgary.
Where were you on Saturday?
Post a Comment
<< Home